Building Agile Foundations with Scrum

Recently, I achieved a Scrum Certification from the Scrum Alliance. This certification was part of a four-day training program, rather than an exam-based assessment. The training program was organized by my company, NTT Data Germany, and conducted at one of their branches in Ettlingen, near Karlsruhe.

The training was a fascinating experience where I gained deep insights into the essence of building agile teams and understanding the importance of Scrum ceremonies. I also learned about iterative software development approaches and techniques that aren’t explicitly detailed in the Scrum Guide, such as various planning and estimation methods.

My journey with agile methodologies, or iterative ways of building software, began much earlier. Back in 2006, I encountered a book titled Extreme Programming Explained by Kent Beck. This book was a revelation to me at the time. I was working at a small software company with a team of just six people, and the practices described in the book felt incredibly relevant. Disciplines such as unit testing, daily stand-ups, pair programming, continuous integration, and refactoring stood out as critical enablers for effective team collaboration and producing high-quality software.

This training and certification reignited that early enthusiasm I had for agile practices and gave me a deeper appreciation for the broader concepts of teamwork, communication, and adaptability that Scrum emphasizes. The focus on continuous improvement, iterative planning, and collaboration has reaffirmed my commitment to fostering these principles in the teams I work with.

I hope this certification marks the beginning of new opportunities in my career. More importantly, I hope to continue growing as a professional and contributing meaningfully to the projects and teams I’m a part of. The journey of learning and applying these practices is ongoing, and I’m excited to see where it leads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First iPhone Journey Begins!

Bicara tentang Reverse Engineering

File Upload Progress dengan PHP 5 dan APC